Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hi, Nice To Meet You

This past weekend I spent in LA visiting friends and taking part in Guido’s 32nd birthday extravaganza. The 3 day shenanigans began at Los Toros, an outstanding restaurant where coincidentally I met Guido about 3 years ago. Being that I haven’t lived in LA for the past couple of years, I didn’t know many of the 20+ people there, so I slowly but surely began my quest to meet, greet, and be merry.

Of course everyone that Guido et al, is friends with, happen to be collectively the best group of people EVER. Let me repeat, EVER. I may even get BFF necklaces and buddy bracelets for all.

So here’s a little diddy, I’d like to tell, about a group of people I’ve come to know so well:

Our journey began at the Toros that is Los,
with a party that was the bombest of the bomb,
So good in fact, too many margs were drank
and my new friend Mami vom’d

I met Mr. Glor and the Z Clan, oh my
a family that was ever so witty
Armed with one dollar bills the party continued
at a Kitty that was ever so Shitty

Skid seemed to always be front and center
encouraging all to get lit
Shots upon shots, beers upon beers
we managed to build a bridge, and just get over it

There were football squares, with cash to be won
with McBride managing the dough
Yet he took it on the run babe, cause that’s the way he wants it babe
and made out like R.E.O.

I finally met the famous TJ
and a new friend I did get
Yet the deal was sealed in a karaoke song
when he serenaded just like Keith Sweat

I learned that the Ringleader and Lilo
touch themselves over and over again
They even name names, which was great entertainment
Especially amongst the men

So I’d like to thank Guido, and everyone else involved
for one of the best weekends ever
And I’ll go ahead and give a shout out to myself
for making a post that’s so clever

1 comment:

The Alleged Ringleader said...

What a GLOR weekend it was! I'm so glad you were here for it and made BFF with everyone!
Can't wait to do it again...sans broken bones!